Thursday, May 11, 2006

A mid year resolution

I was late to work today – can’t blame the traffic, or even the kids. The reason was quite simple – I couldn’t find a thing to wear. Can’t say that this was due to a shortage of clothes – I was in and out of 6 outfits before I felt satisfied to leave the house. It seems my body is not ready for the warmer weather that seems to have made a brief appearance and requires rather less layers to cover up flabby bits. There is some-one in my office who is expecting a baby in August – quite frankly in some of the get-ups I had on this morning I look like my baby is two weeks overdue.

So I have set myself a mid year resolution – to sort out the body – it needs to eat less, exercise more and generally get itself into some sort of shape.

As I drove into work I got more and more determined that action needed to be taken. It is 11 weeks to my holiday and so if I lose 2 Ibs a week (which they say is quite achievable) – that’s 22 lbs – which would be fantastic. And I have been very good today – I have been offered some chocolates – and ok I did have one – but chose a very crunchy chewy one – so probably worked off a few calories in the process of eating it……

Just heard on the radio about a German hotelier who charges his guests according to their weight – another incentive to lose some!

2 comments:

Sue said...

LOL. Well, all that training for the marathon will help you on your way.....

Mof2 said...

Well yes - I expect it would (I mean will!!)