Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Steaming ...

I am steaming.
A couple of weeks ago I told a colleague, D, about an idea I had to save the company some money.

Today I was in Head Office and met up with one of the directors. We had a little chat and he told me he was very excited about an idea D had told him. You guessed it, it was my idea.

I could not believe it.

What should I have done? Should I have told him that I’d suggested it to D? I thought that would have sounded a bit petulant. Should I have spoken to D about it? Not my style – much as I would like it to be.

So what did I do? I said it was a very good idea and I'd thought about it too. Pathetic!

2 comments:

Sue said...

How b....y annoying! Can't say I would have done any different. Lesson learned, keep all good ideas to oneself.

Mof2 said...

Yes - learning the hard way as ever!