Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An Alarming Discovery

I stood on the scales this morning, for the first time in months, and found that my weight was only just the right side of 12 stone! I must say that I feel quite horrified by this discovery.

I went off to work and announced to every-one within earshot this alarming news. Isn't it funny how when you have something like this to say suddenly quite a few people seem to be in earshot. Some people refused to believe me - as if I'd make up such a thing. If you are going to lie about your weight you go the lighter side of the truth surely.

Still, for a few minutes I felt swept along with the general opinion that it can't be right. In my usual "put things off if you can" attitude I did contemplate buying another set of more reliable scales before taking the situation seriously.

But no - I can't deny the truth - which if I'm honest is backed up by some very tight waistbands - I'm whispering this bit, "I need to go on a diet".

I have contemplated blogging the gruesome details of what I eat etc - hoping that this will spur me on. But I think that's far too much effort and very dull - who needs to know I chewed on a Ryvita for half an hour. So I will just report on major landmarks in my efforts to reduce my own personal landmark.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. (only at your story telling -not the fact that you weigh £$"!£$ stone!)

You have now told the whole world so I guess that's a real commitment. Better get them salads prepared....and perhaps I'll be seeing you at the jogging club?

Mof2 said...

Perhaps when I have recovered from the shock - still feeling weak at the moment.

Anonymous said...

It's probably just water retention, or wine......