Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Had to go for a smear test yesterday. The reminder came in the post just before Christmas but I decided it was inappropriate during the festive season so put it off for a few weeks. Common sense made me make an appointment and it must be said that it has been hanging over me like a black cloud ever since. How ridiculous is that!

Eldest son wanted to know why I was going off to the doctor - so I told him. He was horrified - well he did ask. Anyway it wasn't as bad as I remembered - it never is - is it?

(Youngest son has just read what I'm writing and wants to know what it is. His brother told him not to ask as it will make him sick - think this is getting a bit dramatic now. We've told him it's a girl thing - and that's enough).

It has got me wondering what's worse - smear or dentist. Had a brief debate with my chums on this and we didn't reach much of a conclusion.

On one hand - you can talk whilst having a smear, but you don't have to take off your knickers and show off your wobbly bits at the dentist.

Which reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend a number of years ago. She had rather large boobs and remarked that her dentist placed all his instruments on them whilst he worked. She found it rather annoying and uncomfortable - I found it rather alarming and recommended a new dentist asap!

No comments: