Saturday, July 14, 2007

I've just seen on Yahoo news that over excited Harry Potter fans are going to skip to the end of the new book to find out what happens. I'm no fan of the famous wizard so I'll probably join them to save having to read the whole book. Then I can taunt people who are struggling through the x hundred pages to get to the end.

A friend of mine - who will remain nameless but she knows who she is - always reads the end of a book first - to check out if the ending is worth the read I suppose.

I remember years ago my father was ill, lying in bed reading an Agatha Christie novel. My brother walked in and said "Oh, that's a good book - the Doctor did it didn't he?"

My father chucked the book at him and didn't read another word of it. Some years later my brother confessed that he had since read the book himself and the Doctor didn't do it!



I've added a link to a blog I 've just heard about. It's letters written during World War 1, published on the blog exactly 90 years after they were written. Makes fascinating reading. And you'll have to wait to find out the end...

No comments: