Tuesday, August 29, 2006

These aren't original but they made me laugh - hope they tickle you too....

Some classic statements we say to our kids - here brought up to date:-

Then: "Don't speak to me like that"
Now: "I don't appreciate the tone of that email" or "YR TXT LAX RESPCT"

Then: "If the wind changes, your face will stay like that"
Now: "When climate change becomes irreversible, the hospital will be underwater and unable to correct your deformed features"


Then: "Wait 'til your father comes home"
Now: "Wait 'til your mother finishes telecommuting in the back bedroom"



And why do we say things like this:

"If you break your leg, don't come running to me"

"Don't look now, but you see that....."

"Is anyone sitting here?" (oh I have asked that soooo many times)

"Are you reading that paper you're sitting on?"


and my personal favourite ...


"I could murder a chocolate cake" (what's the penalty for that - 5 years hard dieting?)

No comments: